INVITATION TO BID
- Sealed proposals for Rough Grading Improvements for Bryan County Megasite will be received by the Savannah Harbor – Interstate 16 Corridor Joint Development Authority, attention Mr. Trip Tollison, at the offices of Savannah Economic Development Authority at 906 Drayton St, Savannah, GA USA 31401 until 11:00 a.m. on June 15, 2022 at which time they will be publicly
- The project consists of the following generally described work:
Rough grading of approximately 475–acres for a proposed manufacturing site. The manufacturing site is known as the Bryan County Megasite and located on Jernigan Road (formerly Tar City Road) adjacent to Interstate 16. Access to the site is from Highway 280. The proposed work consists of the clearing, grubbing, and rough grading of the site, including all labor, equipment, materials, appurtenances and incidentals required to complete the project.
- Plans and Specifications are open to inspection at the office of Savannah Economic Development Authority at 906 Drayton St, Savannah, GA USA 31401, and the Dodge Plan Room or may be obtained from Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., 50 Park of Commerce Way, Savannah, Georgia 31405 upon payment of $150.00 (plus shipping charges as applicable). The payment is non–refundable. Contact Karen Smulski at 50 Park of Commerce Way, Savannah, Georgia 31405 via phone 912–234–5300, or email: email@example.com to request plans and specifications.
- Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an “A” minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of “Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability”. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a “Power of Attorney” authorizing the attorney–in–fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
- A Pre–Bid Conference will be held on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. at the office of Savannah Economic Development Authority at 906 Drayton St, Savannah, GA USA 31401. All prospective bidders encouraged to attend.
- The Contractor, or any subcontractor, submitting a bid for utility contracting, as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–2 to a utility system as defined in said section, shall conform to O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–8.2 et seq. with reference to Utility Contractor’s Licenses and shall submit the bid with the license numbers, as issued by the Division of Utility Contractors, affixed on the outside of the bid envelope as provided by O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–8.2(h). Utility contracting means a proposal to perform utility work, the depth which exceeds 5 feet, to a utility system as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43–14– 2(17). A utility contractor license will be required for this project.
SAVANNAH HARBOR – INTERSTATE 16 CORRIDOR JOINT DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
END OF INVITATION TO BID