INVITATION TO BID
- Sealed proposals for Clearing and Mass Grading Improvements for Site 8, Crossroads Business Park, Savannah, Georgia will be received by the Savannah Economic Development Authority (SEDA), attention Mr. Trip Tollison, at the offices of Savannah Economic Development Authority at 906 Drayton Street, Savannah, GA USA 31401 until 11:00 a.m. on July 8, 2022 at which time they will be publicly
- The project consists of the following generally described work:
Clearing and mass grading of approximately 40–acres (+/-) for a proposed industrial site. The site is known as Site 8 and located on Crossroads Parkway adjacent to Interstate 95. Access to the site is from Crossroads Parkway via an access road. The proposed work consists of the clearing, grubbing, and rough grading of the site, including all labor, equipment, materials, appurtenances, and incidentals required to complete the project.
- Plans and Specifications are open to inspection at the office of Savannah Economic Development Authority at 906 Drayton Street, Savannah, GA USA 31401, or may be obtained from Hussey, Gay, Bell & DeYoung, Inc., 329 Commercial Drive, Savannah, Georgia 31406 upon payment of $100.00 (plus shipping charges as applicable) for hardcopies (Electronic copies are $0.00). The payment is non–refundable. Contact Steve Liotta, 329 Commercial Drive, Savannah, Georgia 31406 via phone 912–354–4626, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request plans and specifications.
- Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an “A” minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of “Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability”. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a “Power of Attorney” authorizing the attorney–in–fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
- The Contractor, or any subcontractor, submitting a bid for utility contracting, as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–2 to a utility system as defined in said section, shall conform to O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–8.2 et seq. with reference to Utility Contractor’s Licenses and shall submit the bid with the license numbers, as issued by the Division of Utility Contractors, affixed on the outside of the bid envelope as provided by O.C.G.A. Section 43–14–8.2(h). Utility contracting means a proposal to perform utility work, the depth which exceeds 5 feet, to a utility system as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 43–14– 2(17). A utility contractor license will be required for this project.
SAVANNAH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
END OF INVITATION TO BID